Plunge into a trade that provides some of the best job security available in the construction industry. More than fixing leaky faucets and unclogging drains, plumbers use their interest in mechanics and fixing things to perform the tasks that fuel the mechanical systems in our buildings.
- design and install piping systems for water, sewage, and drainage
- read blueprints to understand layout of mechanical equipment
- cut, assemble, and weld pipe sections and tubes
- troubleshoot, inspect, and repair function of plumbing systems
- technical school and apprenticeship required to obtain license
Earning potential for Minnesota: