Individuals with an interest in solving problems and a knack for small details may have just found the perfect profession. These engineers play an “instrumental” role in managing the parts that regulate and control industrial processes and operations.
- design equipment to monitor engineering systems, machinery and processes
- run tests, analyze, and monitor equipment for efficiency
- research and develop new devices using software or hardware engineering
- oversee testing, troubleshooting devices, and preparing reports
- purchase equipment and write computer software and test procedures
- bachelor’s degree and professional training required
Earning potential for Minnesota: