Plan the infrastructure that moves people and commerce. These trained professionals plan and implement large-scale construction projects and systems.
- design public works projects like roads, bridges, airports, and structural components of buildings and railways
- apply mathematical formulas and principles in design work
- use modelling software, survey data, and maps to create blueprints
- manage projects timelines, budgets, and safety requirements
- bachelor’s degree and internship required to obtain license
Earning potential for Minnesota: